Do you love churning out web copy as much as Jim loves Pam? Because it literally could be your job.
The deets: One Foot Over is looking for a Digital Copywriter. It’s a cross-functional role that will assist with day-to-day marketing projects and developing engaging content to supercharge our clients’ campaigns and drive results.
We work in a dynamic environment where you’ll have the ability to grow professionally as well as work collaboratively with agency management, vendors, and clients.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Create compelling content that educates audiences and supports marketing goals to drive leads, awareness, and/or other important metrics (Content examples include: website content, blogs, social copy, ebooks, white papers, infographics, newsletters, emails, case studies, etc.)
- Research and understand specific market segments and verticals to develop and optimize personas that help target and deliver key messages
- Develop email assets for nurture and drip campaigns
- Work with clients on day-to-day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects and activities
- Track KPIs and metrics that help indicate the effectiveness and direction of marketing campaigns
- Time tracking of all work via Hive, our project management system
- Continuous Improvement: We have a culture of continual learning and improvement, and only work with people who share this core value
- Hunger for Knowledge: An unwavering, insatiable passion for learning
- The latest and greatest: Strong interest in marketing technology
- Resourceful: If you don’t know it, Google it first
- Communication: Effectively use G Suite (email, calendars, document sharing), Slack, Hive, and other tools utilized by the One Foot Over team
- Collaboration: Work with the team to improve and move the work forward by providing expertise but accepting feedback
- Sense of Humor: We work hard but also like to have fun, so enjoying memes and puns will help
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years experience as a content marketer
- Blog, website, and social media copywriting
- A basic understanding of how inbound marketing works
- Awareness of marketing best practices, as well as emerging trends in content marketing, social media, and online marketing
- Some knowledge of design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, or similar
- Some knowledge of WordPress, Facebook Business Manager, Moz, Google Analytics, and other marketing platforms and tools
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Work Environment and Expectations
This salary position is scheduled Monday through Friday with flexible-ish hours, and once in a while, we’ll need you on a weekend. Our office is based in the coolest space near downtown Houston.
Ready to Make Magic Happen?
If this sounds like you’d be a great fit, we’d love to learn more about you.
Aside from your resume and some standard information, be ready to answer some questions that will knock us out of our chairs.