Marketing Account Manager
Marketing Account Manager
Do people say, “They’ve never met a stranger!” about you? Do you love seeing things from idea to execution to results? If so, today might be your lucky day.
One Foot Over is looking for a dynamic Marketing Account Manager. This challenging role is the go-to source of truth for our clients. You guide the conversation, communicate the strategy, and ensure clients are happy with the results we’re helping them achieve.
This job is equal parts relationship builder and project manager, with digital marketing know-how sprinkled on top.
Expectations for the Job
- Act as the day-to-day client contact for clients, ensuring projects and campaigns remain in scope and clients keep coming back and growing with us
- Know our clients’ businesses and industries as well as if you worked there
- Able to understand diverse businesses and industries and create digital marketing strategies that increase leads
- Lead internal and client meetings efficiently and confidently to ensure client needs are met
- Understands, clarifies, and communicates client requests and changes to the internal teams
- Be able to talk about client marketing plans confidently, with deep understanding of the why behind all activities
- Able to build relationships with the team and our clients in order to develop trust and confidence in your managing of accounts
- An extreme level of detail in managing projects and determining priorities, including working with copywriters, designers, developers, and other team members to ensure campaigns are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Able to understand data to develop, suggest, and measure recommendations for marketing strategies and activities
- Some work on client projects, e.g., copywriting, design, reporting, as needed and dependent on the level of expertise or desire to grow skillsets
- Tracking of work progress and time via our project management and time tracking systems
- Biweekly and weekly reporting of burndown charts and billable hours, respectively
What we’re looking for in you!
The hard skills are the bare minimum to get one foot in the door, but we’re looking for someone who shares our core values and enhances our culture.
- The Desire to Push Beyond Your Perceived Capabilities: One Foot Over is not just our name. It’s a way of life. We unabashedly push to go beyond the line.
- Continuous Improvement: We believe in constant learning and improvement, and only work with people who believe the same.
- Curiosity: An unwavering, insatiable desire for learning.
- Passionate: You must eat, sleep, and breathe marketing. OK, not really, but you really have to LOVE marketing to succeed here.
- The latest and greatest: Strong interest in marketing technology.
- Resourceful: We’re a Google-first environment. If you don’t know the answer, Google it first. We’re here to help after you’ve tried your best.
- Communication: Effectively use G Suite (email, calendars, document sharing), Slack, and other collaboration tools utilized by the One Foot Over team.
- Collaboration: Work with the team to improve and move the work forward by providing expertise but accepting feedback.
- Sense of Humor: We work hard but also like to have fun, so enjoying memes and puns will help.
- College degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or Communications.
- 3+ years working directly with clients in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing tools and technology, including social media, CMS, CRM, analytics tools, etc. (HubSpot experience preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of digital marketing best and next practices, including trends and recent developments.
Work Environment and Expectations
We provide flexible hours Monday through Friday, and once in a while, we may need you on a weekend. Most importantly, you’ll need to be there when clients need you to be available. Our office is based in the coolest artist studio near downtown Houston.
Ready to Make Magic Happen?
If this sounds like something you’d be a great fit for, we’d love to learn more about you.
The application process starts out the same as most other jobs. You’ll apply online, submit your resume, answer a few questions, and if selected for an interview, that’s where things take a few twists and turns. To be sure we hire the candidate that can do the job, mesh well with our team, and enhance our culture, we take a unique approach to our interview process. Ready for an adventure?