Do you hate when marketers ask you to “make this pretty,” but you secretly love taking a page full of words and making it pretty? If you answered “yes,” then today is your lucky day.
Here’s the scoop: One Foot Over is looking for a versatile and creative Visual Designer. This role is responsible for creating functional, high-converting visual designs that incorporate design and user experience (UX) best practices for websites, online advertising, email, social media applications, and more. This position will create stunning work for us and our clients.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Develop creative identities and visual direction for brands and campaigns while sometimes adhering to predefined brand guidelines
- Create visual designs for websites, social media, email marketing, online and advertising, and other online applications as needed
- Research design trends and best practices to ensure your designs are built to convert customers today and beyond
- Time tracking of all work via our project management and time tracking systems
The hard skills are the bare minimum to get one foot in the door, but we’re looking for someone who shares our core values and compliments our culture.
- The Desire to Push Beyond Your Perceived Capabilities: One Foot Over is not just our name. It’s a way of life. We unabashedly push to go beyond the line.
- Continuous Improvement: We believe in constant learning and improvement, and only work with people who believe the same.
- Curiosity: An unwavering, insatiable desire for learning.
- Passionate: You must eat, sleep, and breathe marketing. OK, not really, but you really have to LOVE marketing to succeed here.
- The latest and greatest: Strong interest in marketing technology.
- Resourceful: We’re a Google-first environment. If you don’t know the answer, Google it first. We’re here to help after you’ve tried your best.
- Communication: Effectively use G Suite (email, calendars, document sharing), Slack, Hive, and other tools utilized by the One Foot Over team.
- Collaboration: Work with the team to improve and move the work forward by providing expertise but accepting feedback.
- Sense of Humor: We work hard but also like to have fun, so enjoying memes and puns will help.
- 3-5 years experience as a designer (this can include college if you have a strong body of work)
- Advanced knowledge of design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, or similar
- Working knowledge of best practices for print design, image optimization for web, and standard online channel image specs
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Awareness of design and UX best practices, as well as emerging trends in web design, social media, and online marketing
- Working knowledge of web hosting principles, including cPanel, databases, FTP, domains/subdomains, WordPress installation, etc. is a plus but not required.
Work Environment and Expectations
This salary position is scheduled Monday through Friday with flexible-ish hours, and once in a while, we may need you on a weekend.
Ready to Make Magic Happen?
If this sounds like something you’d be a great fit for, we’d love to learn more about you.
Aside from your resume, a killer portfolio of work, and some standard information, be ready to answer some questions that will knock us out of our chairs.
Note: You do not need to be named Felicia to apply.