Web & Visual Designer
Web & Visual Designer
Do you love designing things as much as Bob Ross loved happy little trees? Well, today is your lucky day.
Here’s the scoop: One Foot Over is looking for a versatile Web and Visual Designer. This role is responsible for creating functional, high-converting visual designs that incorporate design and user experience (UX) best practices for websites, online advertising, email, and social media applications. This position will create stunning work for us and our clients.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Work with website content to create low-fidelity wireframes and user flows
- Create visual designs for websites, social media, email marketing, online and advertising, and other online applications as needed
- Implement designs in WordPress, Hubspot, and other CMS platforms
- Time tracking of all work via Hive, our project management system
- Continuous Improvement: We have a culture of continual learning and improvement, and only work with people who share this core value
- Hunger for Knowledge: An unwavering, insatiable passion for learning
- The latest and greatest: Strong interest in marketing technology
- Resourceful: If you don’t know it, Google it first
- Communication: Effectively use G Suite (email, calendars, document sharing), Slack, Hive, and other tools utilized by the One Foot Over team
- Collaboration: Work with the team to improve and move the work forward by providing expertise but accepting feedback
- Sense of Humor: We work hard but also like to have fun, so enjoying memes and puns will help
- 3-7 years experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of web hosting principles, including cPanel, databases, FTP, domains/subdomains, WordPress installation, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, or similar
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of PHP
- Awareness of design and UX best practices, as well as emerging trends in web design, social media, and online marketing
Work Environment and Expectations
This salary position is scheduled Monday through Friday with flexible-ish hours, and once in a while, we’ll need you on a weekend. Our office is based in the coolest artist’s studio near downtown Houston.
Ready to Make Magic Happen?
If this sounds like something you’d be a great fit for, we’d love to learn more about you.
Aside from your resume and some standard information, be ready to share work examples and answer some questions that will knock us out of our chairs.
Note: You do not need to be named Felicia to apply.